Card Printer Servicing, Cleaning and Repair
Make the most of your card printer with an expert clean, service or repair from Windmill
In the unlikely event of your card printer failing in service and outside its warranty period, we're happy to inspect it and to subsequently repair it. Often, we find they just need a thorough clean to bring them back to top performance. We accept many brands including; Javelin, Zebra, Evolis, Eltron, Magicard or CIM.
Interested in our Card Printer Servicing and Repair? Contact us via our contact page.
We also offer related cleaning kits such as cleaning cards and swabs.
An inspection fee is charged to assess the work required to repair the printer and to prepare a repair quotation. The inspection fee must be acknowledged before any work can begin. We email you the repair quotation. You must confirm acceptance of the charges and issue a purchase order before any repair work can begin. If after one month the work is not ordered, we'll return the printer.
Javelin Clean and Service
The clean and service includes the following items:
- Replace any worn belts and rollers
- Replace ribbon reflector if damaged
- Check that the card feeder motor assembly is secured
- Thoroughly clean the card transport path (tracks and platen rollers)
- Clean and test the magnetic head and rollers (if encoder fitted)
- Check and adjust all sensors
- Test all motors
- Check all belts for correct tension and either adjust or replace as necessary
- Check the pressure roller for correct tension and adjust if necessary
- Check and adjust the input gate
- Realign the print head, peel-bar, angle and bias where necessary
- Upgrade firmware to the latest version
- Replace small items (screws, washers etc) where necessary
- Effect any minor adjustments and repairs
- Tighten any loose items
- Replace cleaner roller (210/310/420/520/720)
- Clean case and effect minor repairs if necessary
- Full test with plain white cards .30mil (unless instructed otherwise)
- Full test with magnetic stripe cards (if encoder fitted)
- Self test and test from PC application